Ads 468x60px

Pages

Friday, July 22, 2011

Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Part 2: A Review


          
           Well ladies and gentlemen it is the end of an era. The Harry Potter movies are over and I am so pleased with the final installment. While Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Part 1 was more of an intense drama, Part 2 was a roller coaster of emotions and action sequences. 

            Since it has been about two years since I last read the book, all I could remember was the general storyline and not all the little details. For me this was the best frame of mind I could be in cause I was watching and enjoying a movie and not getting upset about something being out of place. 

            I decided to shell out the extra few bucks and see the 3D version and I must say I was impressed. I could go on all day about issues I have with 3D but I’m not. The 3D effects done in this movie were executed marvelously and I was not disappointed about spending those extra dollars. 

            The action sequences were almost non-stop the entire film and they were all done beautifully, but in-between all the action were these really deep and emotional moments that every actor pulled off flawlessly. I’m well aware that Alan Rickman (Snape) is a phenomenal actor, but he really blew me away with his performance. Let it also be said that I was impressed with Daniel Radcliffe’s (Potter) performance cause I was a little worried. I’m not saying he is a bad actor, I’m just saying that there was a lot resting on his shoulders due to the emotional rollercoaster Harry is on throughout the film and he needed to portray that perfectly. Radcliffe really gave it his all and it showed. 

            I still remember the magical feeling I had sitting in the theater and watching Harry Potter and the Philosophers Stone and watching the final installment of the series brought back that feeling times a hundred. My only negative thought is I wish they could’ve extended the end scene at King’s Cross Station a little bit, but that’s really just a personal opinion. I just thought it was missing something.  Overall I would give this film 5 out of 5 cause I loved it.

Rebecca

On a side-note, when did Matthew Lewis (Neville Longbottom) become a sexy beast? Not that I’m complaining cause damn he looks good. 

           

No comments:

Post a Comment