Ads 468x60px

Pages

Thursday, July 14, 2011

Sally Hansen Crackle Topcoat Review

When I saw that other companies are coming out with their own versions of crackle nail-polish to compete with OPI's Shatter collection I was excited; not because I'm against OPI  but was looking for cheaper alternatives.

During a trip to Wal-Mart today I stumbled across picked through remains of a Sally Hansen Crackle display. Previous shoppers had left slim pickings with only two out of the eight shades available. I went with "Antiqued Gold" and immediately went home to try it out.

I used Sally Hansen Hard as Nails Xtream Wear in "White On" cause I thought the gold would look really nice against it. The directions say to apply a thin layer and boy do they mean thin. I almost had to get every speck of extra polish of the brush or the stuff wouldn't crackle like it was supposed to. The brush also didn't spread the polish very well so I'd sometime end up with odd blobs instead of an even coat. This also meant that some of the crackled chunks looked streaky and uneven.

I liked the color but not the crackle. It didn't have the same shattered look that OPI's collection has. I wouldn't bother buying another bottle.

Below are some pictures I took of the nail-polish after it dried. Please don't judge too harshly as I am awful at painting my nails when I rush so I flooded my nail-bed and I have to go take this off now :P

Rebecca

My thumb came out alright...

...but most of them ended up a hot mess like this.

No comments:

Post a Comment