Ads 468x60px

Pages

Sunday, June 5, 2011

Pucker Up



This is a first for me, a beauty product review. I’m going to go list a few of my favorite lip care products that I believe everyone should know about.

1.     Sweet Lips Lip Scrub by Lush.

Exfoliating is important for you lips too, especially when the summer heat can easily leave them dry and cracked. Sweet lips has a brown sugar taste which I love but it also comes in two other flavors, bubblegum and mint julip. The exfoliating crystals are not overly hard so they shouldn’t leave you in any pain as long as you remember to follow the directions and gently rub it on your lips. 



2.  Burt’s Bees Lip Balm

After using Burt’s Bees two years ago from the suggestion of a friend, I refuse to use any other type of lip balm. It’s made from natural products and it really works. No matter how chapped my lips may get this stuff clears it up in half the time of other products I’ve used. It’s not sticky and once applied your lips will instantly feel smoother and moisturized.


3.     Sexy Mother Pucker
Honestly, with a clever name like that who wouldn’t wanna try this stuff out? Upon application one may experience some harmless tingling as this gloss boasts to plump up your lips for a sexy puckered look. Personally I’ve never noticed too much of a lip size difference but there is some and I love the color and shine from this product. It is available in the colors plum, peach, nude, and clear. I’m a big fan of plum and peach but the nude is not my favorite. A note of interest though, if you go a little crazy with the application it can feel like a lot on your lips, a little goes a long way with this stuff. Also, this stuff can get sticky so I wouldn’t wear it on a windy day with your hair down. I’ve found that if you apply a little lip balm (like Burt’s Bees) before applying the gloss, it helps with the sticky factor. Some may argue that defeats the purpose of wearing lip gloss but that’s their opinion.


Well those are a few of my favorite lip care products, until next time,

Rebecca

No comments:

Post a Comment