Ads 468x60px

Pages

Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Still an Old Fart

A few nights ago, my co-blogger Ashlee started bringing up the topic of Twitter again. She was met with a blunt "No." Back in November I addressed my issues with Twitter in a post on our old blog and I thought, "now Rebecca, aren't we being a little close minded about all this?"

I decided to check things out on the website and I still don't understand!

For one, I think Twitter hates me. I couldn't get beyond the homepage because it took too long to load the little "About" section at the bottom. Seasons changed while I waited for the darn thing to load. I just kept getting a big white screen when other websites load perfectly fine. Twitter must have found out about my previous post...

Then I did what I always do in these situations, I Googled. FYI: I am the queen of Google. It's really unhealthy how much I rely on it but it has helped me in so many ways from finding a perfect bruschetta recipe to instructions on fixing my original duck hunt game. Anyways, I found this neat little video called "Twitter in Plain English"

Plain English? Yes; convincing?no.



The video focuses on how Twitter brings this lady Carla closer to all the people she cares about. The video explains that Twitter is useful because now you don't have to email your friend and say "I'm out for coffee!" because you can just tweet it.

I'm not saying Twitter is evil or stupid, I just don't understand it. Personally I don't feel the need to update the world of my every thought or daily activity. Once a day on a blog will suffice for now :P

For anyone who is interested, this is the link to my previous rant on Twitter.
http://daringdarlings.blogspot.com/2010/11/guess-im-just-old-fart.html

Enjoy,
Rebecca

No comments:

Post a Comment